Dr. Miller has been practicing Hand/Wrist and Upper Extremity Surgery at Town Center Orthopaedic Associates since 2001. He is Board Certified in Orthopaedics and has a Certificate of Added Qualification in Surgery of the Hand (CAQSH). Originally from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, he graduated Summa Cum Laude and at the very top of his class at the University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown. He earned his medical degree from Temple University School of Medicine in Philadelphia. Dr. Miller was inducted to the medical honor society Alpha Omega Alpha as a junior, an honor reserved for the top 2 percent of his medical class. Following graduation, he continued advanced training in his chosen specialty of orthopaedic surgery at the University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital. As a Chief resident in his senior year, he was exposed to numerous complex cases at the University.
At the completion of his Residency, Dr. Miller went on to do an extra year-long training program, or fellowship, subspecializing in Hand/Wrist and Upper Extremity Surgery at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center. Dr. Miller is an active member of the American Society for Surgery of the Hand, and lectures often in the community on hand and wrist topics. As a specialist in surgery of the hand, wrist and upper extremity, his practice is primarily focused on nerve problems, arthritic conditions, and traumatic injuries. Dr. Miller believes in a team-oriented approach to treatment, which often involves physical and occupational therapists to maximize functional outcome for his patients. In fact, Town Center Orthopaedic Associates has multiple certified hand therapists on staff which enables Dr. Miller to work closely with his patients during their recovery.
Dr. Miller has been voted by his physician colleagues as one of the TOP DOCTORS in his specialty of Hand Surgery in the Washingtonian Magazine. His positive reviews and patient feedback are a reflection of his patient centered care approach.
What is important to Dr. Miller and Town Center Orthopaedics is superior patient outcomes and unmatched patient satisfaction. Dr. Miller prides himself in being a patient advocate, often going the extra mile to ensure that the care delivered is patient centered. He has been selected for the Patients’ Choice Award, Compassionate Doctor Award and Top Doctor on multiple occasions.
In addition to his extensive medical commitments, Dr. Miller enjoys fitness, the outdoors, and spending time with his family.
- Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University
- Residency in orthopaedic surgery at Jackson Memorial Hospital
- Fellowship in upper extremity surgery University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Washington Hand Society
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
Certifications & Awards
- Board Certified in Orthopaedic Surgery
- Certificate of Added Qualification in Surgery of the Hand (CAQSH).
- “Top Doctors in Hand Surgery” by the Washingtonian Magazine
- “Top Surgeon in Hand and Wrist Surgery” by the Consumers Research Council of America
- Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award
- Top Doctor Northern Virginia Magazine 2017
- Dr Miller has been in private practice exclusively with Town Center Orthopaedics since 2001