Accessibility Tools

Nurse Case Managers and/or Adjusters:

To make an appointment for a patient please contact:

Angela Gerald
Workers Compensation Coordinator for Dr. Miller
P: (703) 435-3808 Fax:
[javascript protected email address]


Kimberly Early
Workers Compensation Coordinator for TCOA
P: 703-483-4674 Fax:
[javascript protected email address]

For scheduling IME/PPD or Medical Record Reviews please contact:

Nadia Brea
Medical Records and Medical legal Coordinator
P: 703-483-4681 Fax:
[javascript protected email address]

What is workman's compensation?

Workman's compensation is the monetary compensation offered from an employer to an injured employee in cases of injury or to the dependents in cases of death.

What are the common injuries at the work place?

Injuries at work place are very common and may be debilitating. Workplace injuries often occur because of high-risk jobs, lack of or scarcity in safety devices, lack of training, higher number of manual workers and repetitive stress.

Repetitive stress injuries are the most common types of work-related injuries with several risk factors, including repetitive, forceful, or prolonged exertion of the hands and prolonged awkward postures.

Common injuries at the work place include:

  • Sprains
  • Fractures
  • Joint dislocations
  • Soft tissue injuries (ligament,tendon)
  • Nerve injuries

What are the treatments for work-related injuries?

Depending on the type and severity of injury, treatment will be initiated. Regardless of the type of injury, patients should be provided first aid at the workplace including:

  • ABC: Airway, breathing and circulation
  • Immobilization of the body part affected to avoid further injury
  • Transportation for further evaluation at a hospital or physician's office/li>

Am I a candidate for workman's compensation?

You will be eligible to claim workman's compensation if you suffer injuries or illnesses during employment and if caused by the nature of work. However, if the injury occurred is because of negligence of to obey safety rules, you were under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or if the disability from the injury lasts for ≤3 days, then your employer will not be liable to pay compensation.

Your doctor plays an important role in treating work related injuries and diseases, helping patients recover from occupational injuries and illnesses.

To schedule an appointment make sure you have filed a claim and have your claim number available when you contact the office at . Please make sure that you bring all pertinent medical records inclusive of x-rays and all imaging studies to your appointment.

Injured Workers

Virginia Workers Compensation Link:

Employees who suffer on-the-job injuries and diseases may be eligible for benefits under the Virginia Workers' Compensation Act. If injured, you should (1) report your injury to your employer immediately; and (2) file a claim with the Commission no later than two years after the accident. You should take similar immediate action if you are diagnosed with a work-related disease.

You should report the work-related injury or illness to your employer as soon as possible but no later than thirty (30) days from the date the accident occurs, or within thirty (30) days of the date the doctor says you are suffering from a work-related injury. Your employer should file a report of the accident or disease with the Commission within ten days Failure to report your injury or illness to your employer within thirty (30) days could result in your claim being denied. See Va. Code § 65.2-600 for more information.

You should file a claim directly with the Commission to alert us of the accident and protect your rights. Once this occurs, you will receive additional information from the Commission, including a Jurisdiction Claim Number (JCN) and a "PIN" number, which will allow you to have online access to your file through WebFile.

You may file the claim:

In person: Complete the Claim for Benefits Form and deliver it to any of our office locations. All visitors, including attorneys, parties and witnesses, may be required to present photo identification to enter Commission facilities.

  • By mail: Complete the Claim for Benefits Form and mail it to: Virginia Workers' Compensation Commission, 333 E. Franklin St., Richmond, VA 23219.
  • By fax: Complete the Claim for Benefits Form and fax it to: 804-823-6956.
  • By Webfile: Use your JCN and PIN number to create a WebFile account. You can then file a claim with the Commission online.

The Commission's Injured Workers Guide, Injured Workers Benefits Guide, and Claims and Hearings Flow Chart help explain the workers' compensation process for injured workers.

Helpful Hints:

Do not delay in reporting your injury or illness. Your employer may authorize a doctor at the time of your accident.

If your accident results in emergency medical treatment, be sure to tell representatives at the emergency care

facility that you hurt yourself on the job.

If your employer or insurance carrier does not respond to your request for medical treatment, you can contact the Commission for assistance at 1-877-664-2566.

If you need assistance. you may contact the Commission by phone toll-free at 1-877-664-2566 or by email at [javascript protected email address]. The Commission can help you by:

  • Informing you of your rights and responsibilities under the Virginia Workers' Compensation Act.
  • Serving as a resource to you by educating and disseminating information.
  • Assisting you by informally resolving benefit disputes through Alternative Dispute Resolution.
  • Explaining the process for filing a Claim for Benefits.
  • Town Center Orthopaedic Associates
  • American Society for Surgery of the Hand
  • American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
  • Inova Fair OAks Hospital
  • Washingtonian Top Doctor 2020
  • Washingtonian Top Doctor 2021
  • Northern Virginia Magazine 2022
  • Fairfax Surgical Center
  • Reston Hospital Center